View Profile YergTV

All 25 Audio Reviews

10 w/ Responses

Dude man bro, this is great! The progression and just overall feel of the track was really well done. Loved the little vocal chops.

Kabalist responds:

Thank you so much! I'm pleased with how simple the track became, and I'm glad to hear other people enjoy it too. The vocals are cut from a Swedish fairytale called "Ronja Rövardotter".

Take care!

//Kabalist.

Fuck man, I really liked this. Had a nice style, the glitching was pretty interesting though to be honest I'm going to have to agree with the guy below me in that there could have been a bit more variation in the bass at those parts epescially other than that one wobble. I really liked the build up though, and the effect on the snare when it first comes in is so cool sounding. I feel like it ends a bit too abruptly, but that's just me. Otherwise this is a pretty awesome track overall.

SkyeWint responds:

Yeah, could have been more variation. It's harder to make wobbles than you'd think! I also did want it to have some consistency, so there would be one sound that was recognizable.

The snare is two samples layered together (four samples total, since there are two different snares. One has a slightly different tone), one triggered right before the other to give it a bit of a lead-in.

Ending being abrupt is unsurprising. Got through the dubstep part, thought that the contest deadline was 24 hours before what it actually was, made this ending, then learned it was 24 hours later and couldn't think up a better one in time. So... poop.

Despite the flaws, though, I feel satisfied with this. I'm glad you like it, too. ^_^ Several ideas for the next rounds too, assuming we get in. Here's hoping!

This is really great man, I love the way it progresses, it's not just a formulaic electronic song. My only suggestion would be to change it up in the first dubsteppy section of the song, like for example making the first note be played by a different patch than the rest, just for some variety in the bass because as much as I liked that part, it got kind of old pretty fast. It could stand to be messed with a little, but all in all I really liked this track. Awesome job.

This is amazing. I love the feel of it and those little pop percussions are awesome. I usually don't really like house that much but this was great, had a real natural feeling progression and it didn't feel as repetitive as most prog house tends to.

RobOmb responds:

Thank you!

Holy fuck this is amazing. Really interesting style and I think the weird structure definitely lent itself towards the weirdness of the entire song, but it still worked awesomely, y'know? Kind of reminded me of Mr. Bill. It was a fresh, interesting, catchy track with some progression and real variation, and these are qualities we need to see more in EDM nowadays. Thank you.

garlagan responds:

thank you Jurgen!

I honestly wasn't expected to be blown away by this. It was really nice, you had great..I don't know what you'd call it...direction? It just flowed really well throughout all of the melodies and whatnot. Not to mention your wobbles were sublime.

Downloaded this. You should look into getting onto a label or something. Maybe UKF? MADubstep? Monstercat?

I believe in you!

SWeissenP responds:

Thank you mate! I have always tried to get songs up to the bigger channels, but it is almost impossible to get their attention. ;) Thank you anyway for an awesome comment!

This is really good! Amazing production quality, as well as a catchy melody. Nice job, man.

Awesome man, really good melodies.

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

Holy shit this is really good! The only thing is that it needs to be mastered...alot. Everything is just really loud and in your face and the basses seem to vary in volume, but I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

Anyway, good job overall. Pretty beast song.

Blew me away.